My 3 favorite holidays

My favorite holidays are Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Sunset over Washington DC - Christmas DayCreative Commons License Richard Ricciardi via Compfight 

I like Christmas because of you get presents, but it is about Jesus being born. It is all about him because that is when he was born. It is also a regional also cultural to some people because that is how they spend there holiday and also there belief.Also in some countries they celibate Christmas on Christmas eve instead of Christmas day. It is most popular for gift giving because like the three king they gave Jesus gifts .We give gifts to people to show that we care about them. This is when traditions and festivities come along. I also like Christmas because you get to put up the tree and get to put up all of the ornaments.Christmas is all about being with family and spending time with each other. Christmas is a day to go to church because that is when you are showing you’r showing you’r respect to the man up stairs. December 25–Christmas Day–has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1870. 

Pumpkins Katrinitsa via Compfight

My second favorite holiday is Halloween. Because you get to see all of the different kinds of costumes and if they are creative. The best part is that you get candy for the all night. People dress up and have big bonfires and is also when the ghosts come out.Also it is a day for all saints to come out.Before Halloween was that name is was called All Hallows Eve and then they changed it to Halloween. Also it was a day for activities like when go to go trick or treating or when want to carve a jack o lantern. The  Pope Gregory III designated November 31 to be the day. Around the world, as days grow shorter and nights get colder, people continue to usher in the season with gatherings, costumes and sweet treats

For What We're About To Receive raymondclarkeimages via Compfight 

My third favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because it is when families come together and you give thanks to your family and the food .Also you get to eat a lot but it is also when the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag  Indians came together to  share there food and all of there food and there harvest to share with the Plymouth colonists and so they had games,danced and ate thanksgiving dinner. Also  Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving to be a national holiday.For more than a few centuries people and colonist celebrated thanksgiving for 2 days.Now Thanksgiving Day is to be held every November.